MICHAEL WARD, M.S., M.D.
Born: Chicago, IL
Languages: English and Spanish
FAMILY PRACTICE/SPORTS MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Komprehensive Primary Care, Sports & Musculoskeletal Medicine S.C.
18350 S. Kedzie Ave Suite 101
Primary Care/ Sports Medicine Physician
URGENT CARE PHYSICIAN
Physicians Prompt Care
18250 S. Lagrange Rd.
Tinley Park, Illinois
Urgent Care Medicine
2015 – Present
Advocate Health Care
Chairman, Family Medicine
South Suburban Hospital
EMERGENCY MEDICINE/ FAST TRACK PHYSICIAN
Suburban Emergency Physicians
17800 S. Kedzie A venue
Hazel Crest Illinois
Urgent Care Medicine in the Emergency room at South Suburban Hospital.
FAMILY PRACTICE/ SPORTS MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Advocate Medical Group
4511 Sauk Trail
Richton Park, Illinois
Primary Care/ Sports Medicine Clinic, Team Physician for Richton Park
High Schools, and the Country Club Hills Stallions Football team.
OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE/FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN
Jackson & Coker
Locum Tennens assignments
FAMILY PRACTICE/ GERIATRICS
House Call Physicians
Palos Hills, Illinois
Duties include caring for Geriatric Medicare patients in their homes.
PRIMARY CARE SPORTS/ OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
Barrington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Hoffman Estates, lllinois
Duties include Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, and Occupational Medicine.
Team physician for Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates High Schools
08/89-0 I /97
University of Illinois, Division of Transplantation
Duties included clinical research, phlebotomy, histocompatibility testing, cell culture, Spanish interpretation, teaching and supervising student researchers.
BLOOD SCREENING TECHNICIAN
Duties included physical exams, ABO blood grouping, Rh, hematocrit, urinalysis, blood glucose and screening for high risk donors.
LABORATORY RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Tennessee State University
Duties included performing ethyldybromide and polychlorinated biphenyl LD50 levels on various aquatic animals.
Sports Medicine Fellow
Henry Ford Hospital
6252 Second A venue
Family Practice Resident
Mount Sinai Hospital
1500 S. California
Chicago Medical School
North Chicago, Illinois
University of Illinois
Tennessee State University
M.S. in Biology
B.A. in Biology
Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
Board Certified in Family Practice
HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
2015-present Chairman Family Medicine South Suburban Hospital, Advocate Healthcare System
2011-2015 Vice-President Family Practice Department South Suburban Hospital
2006-present American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
2004-05 American Academy of Family Physicians
2003-04 Chief Resident Family Practice Department
2003-04 Mt. Sinai Hospital Medical Utilization Committee Member
2003-04 Mount Sinai Residents Association Sergeant At Arms
2001-02 Mount Sinai Family Practice Intern of the Year.
1998-01 National Medical Association member
1998-present American Medical Association member
1998-99 Student National Medical Association President
1995-present Regional Organ Bank of Illinois Organ donor Task Force member
1994 Samuel L. Kountz Renal Symposium research award finalist
1987-89 Minority Biomedical Research Scholar
1988-89 Beta Kappa Chi Science Honors Fraternity
- Giucose control and cognitive function in non-IDDM patients. /Possible role of glucose transporters.
- Cyclosporine A, Methylprednisolone, Misoprostole and FK 506 use in in-vitro assay as an indicator of Immunosuppressive sensitivity in pre- transplant patients.
- Canine hepatocyte liver and pancreatic islet harvest, digestion, and freezing, and transplantation.
- Mixed lymphocyte culture bioassay using colorimetric ELISA analysis.
- Development of anti-idotypic antibody to promote graft survival.
- Assessment ofEDB and PCB toxicity levels in Artemia nupulli.
- Induction of Hydra budding by glutathione exposure
1. Benedetti E, Kirby J, Asolati M, Blanchard J, Ward M, Fontaine M, Hewitt T, Pollak R. Intrasp1enic hepatocyte transplantation in Dalmatian dogs with and without cyclosporine. Transplantation 63: 1206-1209, 1997.
2. Rivas P, Fabrega A. J, Schwartz D, Digantis W, Ward M, Blanchard J, Pollak R. Transplantation of hepatocytes: An in-vitro and in-vivo study in canines. Cell Transplantaion 3: 193-20 I, 1994.
3. Ward M, Lazda V.A, Gaddis P. J, Stormoen B. M, SmithY, Fabrega A, J Pollak R. In-vitro response to immunosuppressive agents in blacks. Transplantation Proc 25:2470-2471, 1993.
4. Pollak R, Dumble L.J, Lazda V.A, Maddux M.S, Stormoen B, Ward M. The utility of an in-vitro Immunoassay to guide immunosuppressive therapy. Transplantation Proc 23: 1113-1114, 1991.
5. Graduate thesis entitled Bud Initiation in Hydra Oligactis. Completed 5/1989.
Reading, biking and exercising.
Available upon request.